Have you ever heard of the ‘sim-unlock’? Or have you ever tried it? This is the question many of us ask each other because we are actually in need of this pretty satisfying option (sim-unlock). Don’t worry, if you are a Samsung Galaxy S3 user! We have this article developed for you which contains the procedure to sim-unlock your phone in addition to explaining about what actually its (sim-unlock) is all about!
Many mobile carriers which provide you with a phone and along with it, its own services (network & device at cheaper price per month) usually lock your phone so that you cannot use it with another mobile network carrier. May be you never intend to move from this network to another but still love to use your phone abroad on some other network (when you are on a trip away from your country).
Consequently, the developers have worked upon and released many types of softwares which unlock this kind of lock! If your intentions are clear, then you may fell free to jailbreak and unlock your phone. For Samsung S3, ‘Spocky12’ – a developer at XDA – has made available an application which will do the same that we were discussing from a long time. He called it ‘GalaxSim Unlock’ application and we need to download & install this software then do some clicks here & there on it – and we will be done then – if we really want to enjoy the unlocked sim.
Read further the ‘Important!’ section and when you make your phone eligible by following the instructions listed (within the section), you may proceed to install the ‘GalaxSim Unlock’ software and then unlock your phone.
- Create a backup of your personal/professional data present in the phone’s memory. Make sure you never forget to save the following:
- APN Settings, etc.
- Root your phone if you haven’t. GalaxSim will require a root access while unlocking your device. So, without a rooted Galaxy S3 you won’t be able to proceed.
- Select Settings à Security à Unknown Sources (enable it). This will ease out the unlock process.
- Install one of the file manager apps available on the Play Store. ES File Explorer is one of them. (You may choose some other, which you think is better and you may also are familiar with it)
- Charge your phone to show up 70% battery remaining. (You can charge it fully, if you want to be on a safer side)
- Download the ‘GalaxSim Unlock’ file from here
Procedure to install the ‘GalaxSim Unlock’ software and also the sim-unlocking process onto your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Transfer the ‘GalaxSim Unlock’ file (.apk file) into the root folder of your SD card.
- Click-open the file manager app that you had installed earlier.
- Search & find the GalaxSim file and click on it. This will install the software needed for unlocking your phone.
- After you are done with the install, you have to launch the GalaxSim application.
- It will ask for the root access upon its launch, and you should provide the same by clicking on the ‘Grant/Allow’ soft-button.
- An additional step here is to back-up your EFS file. Click on ‘Backup EFS’. If you want to find the backed up file of your EFS, then can locate it in the ‘GalaxSimUnlock’ folder present on your phone’s internal memory. You can further your backup by saving a copy of this backed-up file to a safer place.
- Now you should unlock your Galaxy S3 by pressing the ‘Unlock’ button. J
- Reboot your phone, and you are done with the process.
After the reboot you will have the sim-unlocked (kind of brand new) Samsung Galaxy S3 in your hands!
Top Google Searches for this Article:
- galaxsim unlock pro apk,galaxy sim unlock pro apk,galaxsim unlock pro,i3900,galaxy sim unlock pro,samsung galaxy s3 i3900,galaxsim unlock pro apk download,galaxsim unlock apk,Samsung Galaxy i3900,galaxsim unlock