How to Install Jelly Bean AOKP ROM on HTC Desire?
HTC Desire is now ready with another update – in the form of a customROM.HTC Desire has persistently got new & updated custom ROMs for itself, and consequently has so many ROMs available for it. This time it’s the Jelly Bean update coming its way in the form of an AOKP ROM. ‘vijendrahs’ – senior member at the XDA development forum – has successfully ported the Jelly Bean into HTC Desire. I know this is great news for all the owners of HTC Desire smart-phone.
As this update is unofficial, and the development of this ROM will be continuing for some time, its better to be informed of the fact that certain features may not work properly and hence you should have patience to tolerate that while the developer fixes it for you. What I mentioned is nothing new, and is something which happens with every custom ROM.
Jelly Bean should bring the following to you:
- Fastness, fluidity, smoothness.
- Improved performance.
- Uniform touch response.
- Better browser performance.
- Faster & accurate Face Unlock.
- Better voice recognition.
- Enhanced notifications, and more.
This AOKP ROM is based on the AOSP stock ROM and will be giving you the pure Google OS experience. Though it is tweaked & customized, little has been changed theme-wise.
- Create a backup of all the data in your phone which is important to you. The data may include SMS, MMS, image files, video files, documents, APN settings, etc. This process wipes out all of your data, so its better to save what’s important.
- Install CWM recovery on your phone, if it isn’t there.
- Download the ROM file from
- Download the Google Apps Package file from
Steps to install the AOKP ROM based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean to your HTC Desire:
- Transfer/Copy the ROM & Google Apps Package file to the root folder of your SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot into the CWM recovery by pressing & holding Volume key + Power button until the screen flashes, let them go off then. Select the recovery option if asked and the phone then enters into the CWM recovery.
- Make a backup of your stock ROM, by performing a nandroid backup. (For this, do in recovery — ‘Backup & Restore’ à ‘Backup’ à ‘Yes’)
- Select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ à ‘Yes’. This helps in wiping your data in the phone.
- After the data wipe, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ à ‘choose zip from sdcard’ à scroll to the ROM file & select it à ‘Yes’. This will install theROM.
- Use the same procedure (mentioned in the above step) & install the Google Apps Package file to your phone.
- After its installation, say ‘Go Back’ à ‘Reboot system now’. Now, your phone will reboot into the new AOKP ROM based on JB!
To report any problem, just visit the development forum & post a query, you will be served for the same.
Top Google Searches for this Article:
- htc desire cdma jelly bean