How to Install AOKP JellyBean ROM on Galaxy Note N7000?
Image source: PhonePPT.com
Nothing left to say about this phone, but as I have to write about it, I should say something! Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, a brilliant smart-phone with uncommon features. It is a 5.3” phone along with a stylus associated to it. It looks attractive and has the oomph, desired by any smart-phone lover. The main attractions of this phone include – 1.4GHz Dual-core processor, Android OS v.2.3.5 Gingerbread, 8MP primary camera, 2MP secondary camera, 16/32GB internal memory, 1GB RAM, and lot more.
It initially looked like it will repeat the ‘Dell Streak’ smart-phone, but left it behind when launched! This it did especially in these areas: Camera, Connectivity support, screen, battery life, and OS – You can say in all major areas, Note outperformed Streak at least on paper (technical specifications).
Note has already got so many custom ROMs to flash, and now there is good news again for its proud owners – Jelly Bean 4.1.1 is out for it, in the form of an AOKP ROM. Jelly Bean is the latest OS from Google, and is developed on ‘project butter’. This project is all about making the UI additionally smooth along with some new tweaks on widgets and apps. Jelly Bean brings with itself the following:
- New accessibility options such as Gesture Mode, TalkBack, etc.
- Android Beam
- Improved browser performance
- CPU & memory efficiency
- Swipe option in camera
- Faster and even accurate Face Unlock
- Improved notifications
- Enhanced People application, etc.
So, it is not good to waste your time on stock OS (you can, if you like your present OS more than JB!), and get ready to flash this AOKP ROM.
- Please take a backup of your data present in the phone memory. This installation process should wipe out all the data, but not from SD card. Remember to backup your SMS, MMS, images, videos, internet settings, etc. (You can use one of the backup softwares for automated backup)
- Charge your phone till the battery shows about 70%, at least.
- Install the USB drivers of Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, to PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Note.
- Make sure you have installed the ClockWorkMod recovery to your phone, because all the flashing procedures are done through recovery.
- Download the AOKP ROM file from HERE
- Download the Google Apps Package file from HERE
Steps to install the AOKP ROM featuring Jelly Bean to your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000:
- Connect your Note to the PC on which the drivers had been installed, via a USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded AOKP ROM file & Google Apps Package file to the root folder of your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC, and switch it off.
- Reboot your phone into recovery by pressing & holding Volume key + Power button, and let them go off when the phone starts. The phone will boot into the recovery in some time.
- Perform a nandroid backup of your stock ROM, which you can restore later if something fails or if you want back the lost warranty. (Select ‘Backup & Restore à ‘Backup’, in the recovery’s main menu)
- Select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ à ‘Yes’. This will do the data wipe on your phone’s internal memory.
- After the data wipe, Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ à ‘choose zip from sdcard’ à scroll down to the AOKP ROM file and select it à ‘Yes’. This will install the ROM on your phone.
- Follow the procedure mentioned in step.7 and install the Google Apps Package file.
- After the Gapps installation is complete, select ‘go back’ à ‘reboot system now’.
- Your phone will reboot into the brand new AOKP ROM based on Jelly Bean! Hurray!
I wish you a successful install, Thank You!
Top Google Searches for this Article:
- Samsung Galaxy Note N7000,jelly bean n7000,n7000 rom,aokp,cara istal ulang galaxy beam to jely ben,aokp rom for samsung note,Baixar uma rom de 4 1 4,instalar aokp n7000,galaxy note os 4 1 4 upgrade,galaxy android 4 1 4 download