Sony Xperia Acro S – Did you hear about this phone? May be somewhere, without much attention! Sony Xperia Acro S is a very less talked about Sony’s smart-phone, though it is in the initial period of its release – released in August 2012. It is worthy to note that, this phone is heavily priced at € 480/- (approximately INR 33,000/-) – but, lets look at its features to decide if it is worth the cost. The ‘striking features’, is what I would like to mention at first, which are as follows:
• 12MP primary camera
• Dust and Scratch resistance
How to Root Xperia Acro S?
We all know about Sony’s camera, that it is one of the most sensitive one, which captures great pictures. This 12MP camera should be more accurate at fineness, as it can support 4000×3000 pixels – along with an LED flash. A video recording capability of 1080p at 30 fps, it is going to provide completely HD videos. In addition to its awesome camera, it has got the dust & water resistance capability! If you want to actually get a feel of, to what level it is resistant, then please visit this link: Video
Just take a note of this, that it is resistant in water for 30 minutes and up to 1 meter in depth.
Apart from the things mentioned above, this phone features the tasty Android 4.0 ICS, which is supported by the 1.5GHz Dual-core processor. It has an inbuilt 16GB memory (upgradeable to 32GB via a micro SD), and a GB of RAM. Sony Mobile Bravia Engine makes its 4.3” display look even gorgeous, with immense clarity. To add to this, the screen is scratch resistant! Apart from the usual connectivity options that all the smart-phones support, it has also the NFC support as well. The features just discussed, do acknowledge its features, but had it been priced below INR 30,000/-, it would have been within the reach of many android lovers – budget-wise.
Whatever may be the scenario, this phone can now be rooted to help your-self in two ways, either install apps requiring root access or flashing new custom ROMs to upgrade your phone. Rooting also helps getting the most out of your smart-phone.
So if you are ready to root your Sony Xperia Acro S, then read further and follow the procedure mentioned.
• Create a backup of the data in your phone’s inbuilt memory. This includes the image files, video files, SMS, MMS, etc – either business related or personal. Also try to save your phone’s APN settings, which can be restored later, in case it gets corrupted. (Use ‘Backup Manager’ software available on Play Store, for an automated backup)
• Re-charge your phone’s battery to a minimum of 70%. (A full charge is recommended)
• Uninstall the anti-viruses/security suits installed on your device, or just disable them, if you have the option available to do so.
• Enable USB Debugging in your Sony Xperia Acro S. (Settings Application Development USB Debugging)
• Install the Sony Xperia Acro S drivers to the PC by downloading it from here
• Download the Rooting Essentials Suite from here
Before proceeding, just take a moment to thank ‘heeroyun’, an XDA forum member, for discovering & revealing this procedure.
Steps to root Sony Xperia Acro S:
1. Switch off your phone.
2. Press & hold the volume down button, and connect your phone to the computer, via a USB cable.
3. Run the file named ‘Step1.bat’, in the Rooting Essentials Suite file, which you downloaded earlier.
4. After the Step1.bat is done with its running, install the ICS files using flashtool. (Please browse to understand the procedure to use flashtool)
5. Once you are done with the installation of ICS files, the phone should automatically restart (If it doesn’t, you can restart it). Disconnect the phone from PC during the restart.
6. Once again connect your phone to the computer, and run the ‘Step2.bat’ file. When asked for SuperUser access, provide it. You may observe several restarts during this process, which is perfectly normal.
7. If you want to make sure your phone has been rooted, then download ‘Root Checker’ application from Play Store. This will help you check and confirm the root-status of your Sony Xperia Acro S.Download Link
8. Congratulations! If you have rooted your Acro S by now.
Enjoy your phone to the core! Flash custom ROMs!
Top Google Searches for this Article:
- cara root xperia acro s,root xperia acro s,xperia acro s root,root acro s,sony xperia acro s,how to root sony xperia acro s,root sony xperia acro s,cara root sony xperia acro s,how to root xperia acro s,sony acro s