‘Samsung Captivate’ is another ‘Samsung Google Nexus S’ in the way its features have been thought off and put into. Samsung Captivate is a nice looking phone which has a powerful 1GHz, Cortex-A8 processor to support its Android OS v.2.1 (Eclair). This phone was destined to be upgradeable up to v.2.3.
Wait! If you ever wanted to have tablet and couldn’t get it for some reason, then this will turn out to be perfectly good news to you. The ParanoidAndroid ROM is out for your phone, though it’s unofficial.
Without wasting your time, let me tell you that this ROM will make your phone
a ‘phablet’, by allowing the Hybrid UI technology to fit into your phone. Ir0nLy0n – developer at XDA development forum – has come up with this ROM, and he says this ROM should provide you with the original tablet experience – and not just tablet-mode experience.
Some Prerequisites to follow before the procedure
- Create a backup of your phone’s data which is not present in the SD card. This refers to the data in your phone’s inbuilt internal memory. It’s important to know that this procedure wipes/clears all the data of your inbuilt memory, so, save images, videos, SMS, MMS, APN settings, etc.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery to your phone, if it is not there.
- Charge your phone to show a 100% battery, before you start installation. (At least 70% is mandatory)
- Download the following to your computer. ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean ROM file and Google Apps package file.
- Now, you are ready to install the ROM, assuming you followed the above mentioned important instructions and executed them.
ParanoidAndroid ROM(Jelly Bean) For Samsung Captivate – Procedure To Install
- Connect your phone to the computer – on which you had downloaded the ROM file, Google Apps package file – using a USB cable.
- Copy the .zip files to your SD card’s root folder. (Your phone’s SD card)
- Disconnect from the computer & turn-off your Samsung Captivate.
- Re-boot into the CWM recovery. It is a simple process, press & hold volume- keys + power button, till the phone turns on. Use volume keys to scroll between options and power key to select them.
- Wipe-data process: ‘wipe data/factory reset’ ‘Yes’.
- Wipe-cache process: ‘wipe cache partition’ ‘Yes’.
- Installation process: Select ‘install zip from SD card’, ‘choose zip from SD card’, scroll to & select ‘<ParanoidAndroid ROM file>’, this will install/flash the ROM on your phone.
- Install the Google Apps package file from the SD card using the same procedure as above.
- Select ‘Go Back’, ‘Reboot system now’ to boot your Captivate into the new ROM.
So that’s how you can install ParanoidAndroid ROM(Jelly Bean) on your Samsung Captivate. Enjoy. Do let us know how it works out for you.
Top Google Searches for this Article:
- paranoid android captivate,paranoid android for Samsung Fascinate