Cheer up, Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G users. Your device now supports the latest Android OS Jelly bean 4.1. XDA Recognized Developer codeworkx has released the official build of Cyanogen Mod 10 for the I9100G, which brings Jelly Bean featuresYou too can enjoy the smoother interfaces, enhanced capabilities, better and smarter keyboard, improved and efficient notifications area and advance voice recognition and search functionality that are offered in the Jelly Bean version of Android.
This update is a test release and not the official firmware update by Samsung. Therefore we are not responsible for any damage to the device. Should you want the warranty to hold, please apply the official firmware update to your device.
Before you install the update, it is strongly recommended to back up your data on the phone as it will wipe everything on the phone (namely bookmarks, contacts, SMS and APNs(Internet Settings – save these compulsorily for the new internet settings may not work properly after the update)). Please see the Android Backup Guide to help you with the backup. Also please see that the battery life is more than 50%. Disable all Antivirus suites.
Steps to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean On Samsung Galaxy S GT
- Update your device with the latest ICS XXLPQ 4.0.3 firmware.
- Download the latest Jelly Bean 4.1 Firmware Package to your computer from here.
- Also download the Google Apps package which will install the apps not present in the firmware package from here.
- Connect your device to the computer and copy these files into internal SD card (Its better if you don’t copy deep into the device or else it will be difficult in recovery mode).
- Turn off your phone and switch it to recovery mode. This can be done by pressing three buttons together – Volume Up + Center button + Power button
- Wipe off your data in the recovery mode by selecting Wipe data / factory reset option. (use volume keys to navigate and power key to select the options)
- Now to install the updates, select ‘install zip from sd card’ > ‘choose zip from sd card’ and choose the Jelly Bean package. After the installation is complete you will be redirected to the recovery mode home screen. Similarly install the Google Apps package.
- After the installation is complete you have to reboot the device to apply the same. To do this select ‘go back’ and select ‘reboot system now’. Then you will be booted up into Jelly bean 4.1 but the first boot up will take time.
- If there is any problem with the boot up process, long press Power button and repeat the process.
So that is how the Jelly Bean 4.1 is installed on Samsung galaxy S2 GT I9100G.
Top Google Searches for this Article:
- jelly bean galaxy s2,xda forum,samsung galaxy s 2 jelly bean,how to install jellybean on galaxy s2