Motorola Droid Razr XT912 CDMA is one power pack Android smartphone to have. But this Christmas they gifted few with the accidental Jelly Bean update to few. In case you missed, now you can update your Droid Razr XT912 CDMA with the official Jelly Bean firmware, manually.
Some Prerequisites Before You Jump In
- As usual, back up what you think is essential to you, messages, contacts, and other media content and more.
- Charge your device up to 70% for the whole process to go smooth.
- Enable USB Debugging, here’s how, Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
Files You’ll Need To Update Droid Razr XT912 CDMA to Official Jelly Bean Firmware
- Download the Droid Razr XT912 CDMA Official Jelly Bean update from here. Place the file in the root directory of your micro SD card.
- Download Mattlgroff’s RAZR Utility v1.82 from here. Unzip it on your computer system. Install the utility.
- Download and install OTA Rootkeeper from Google Play Store.
Process To Install Official Jelly Bean Firmware On Droid Razr XT912
- Connect your smartphone to your system via USB cable in Fast Boot mode.
- Click start the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file, from the zip file you unzipped above.
- Select option 1 to fastboot back to complete stock .211. Fastbooting will take sometime, once done, reopen the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file.
- Stay connected to your PC, with your phone ON normally, change the USB connection to MTP Mode, now go to Settings > Developer Options, and turn on USB Debugging.
- Use the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file again, this time select Option 2 which will root your .211 build.
- Navigate to SuperUser, open the app, and update your su binaries.
- Now navigate to the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper App and open the app. Once the app is open, allow it Superuser Permission, then select “Protect Root.”. Reboot device.
- Go back to the OTA Rootkeeper App and this time select “Temp Unroot.”.
- Turn your phone off. Once powered down, press and hold the power button + volume down at the same for about 9 seconds, when the screen flickers, release the buttons and quickly press all 3 side buttons (power, vol+, vol-)
- You’re now in the bootloader, press the vol- button to highlight “Recovery” and press vol+ to select it.
- You’ll be greeted with an Android on his back, press both volume buttons at the same time here to enter stock moto recovery.
- Now in stock recovey, select “install update from external sdcard“. Wait for the process to finish. It can take long. Have patience.
- Simply reboot the phone and you’ll be greeted by stock Jelly Bean on Droid Razr XT912.
To get the root permission back, follow these steps
- Open the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper App. Select “Restore Root“.
That’s it. Do share if you got stuck somewhere.
Top Google Searches for this Article:
- droid razr jelly bean update,Motorola Droidrazr 912