HTC One S, if you own this beast and would like to tame it, want to unlock, root, install recovery or flash a Custom ROM you like, here’s all in one tutorial for you to follow. It’s easy and keeping that way, let me introduce some conditions so that you won’t get lost sailing through the this tutorial.
Prerequisites Before Root and Unlock HTC One S
- Goes without saying, back up your essentials(Messages, Contacts, Emails, and media content).
- Charge your device up to 70%.
- Enable USB Debuggin, Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging on your device.
Files Required To Root, Unlock and for Custom ROMs Are
- Download Fastboot files.
- Latest Android SDK from the official Android.com, and install it.
- Recovery tools for HTC One S. Interim ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for the HTC One S or this one, Official CWM. I’d prefer the latter.
- SuperSU, it’s a super user app.(for rooted device).
- Make sure you’re on stock kernel on your HTC One S. If you’re not, then, you’d have to restore it to factory settings.
That’s all what we need to root, unlock and pour in Custom ROMs on HTC One S. Here’s the process.
First we’ll unlock the device.
Unlock HTC One S
- Create an account at HTCDEV.
- In your computer system, make a new folder “fastboot” under C:/. Extract in the Fastboot files, downloaded above.
- Logged into your HTCDEV account, move over to http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/ and select your device, and click, Begin Unlock Bootloader.
- Skip steps that’d ask you to download something i.e. till Step 8, to proceed, reboot the phone in Download Mode. (Power Off your phone, press Power + Volume Down). Highlight Fastboot using Volume rocker buttons.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via USB Cable. And open command prompt.
- Rush down to the directory where you’ve placed the Fastboot files. In order to avoid typing lengthy paths, use this way to quickly open command prompt via any folder. Now it’ll be,
- Now type in command prompt window, fastboot oem get_identifier_token.At Step 9 in HTCDEV, copy the identifier_token, and Paste your identifier token into the box at the bottom and submit.
- Wait for a mail from HTC for further instructions. Download the Unlock_code.exe file enclosed in the mail. Extract it at the same place, where you’ve extracted Fastboot files in an earlier step.
- In command prompt, type “fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin” notice the changes on your smartphone, and accordingly, press Volume + and Power to accept and confirm.
- Congrats, your HTC One S has been unlocked to proceed further.
Install Recovery On HTC One S
- Again, Place the CWM File where the fastboot.exe is. Open command prompt and type, fastboot flash recovery name_of_the_recovery.img [Replace name_of_the_recovery with the Recovery file you wish to use]. Like for Paul’s you’ve to change this, fastboot flash recovery r2-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img.
Root HTC One S
- Power off your device and then hold the VOL DOWN + Power to boot into the Bootloader. Navigate with VOL and Power to Recovery. Now flash the .zip:
- install zip from sdcard
- choose zip from sdcard
- select the CWN-SuperSU-v0.87.zip file and flash it
- Reboot now
- And that CWN – SuperSU -v0.87.zip file is SuperSU file you’ve downloaded above.
- Now you can download and flash it with any Custom ROM of your choice.
You can follow these video tutorials at XDA Forums, if you got stuck somewhere.
Top Google Searches for this Article:
- cwn_supersu_v0 87 zip,flash player htc one s,flashing an htc one s,htc one s failed flash,htc one s flash rom