It seems like Santa is getting a bit naughty over one the most famous smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S III. Lots of hue and cry has been noticed by among Samsung Galaxy S III users. If there’s something wrong with your device too, here’s a quick way to fix up your soft bricked Samsung Galaxy S III, US variants only.
Also note, if your device is hard bricked(device not responding at all), then it’s impossible to fix it without OEMs help, we’d recommend you to run for the stores. But here’s a quick guide to fix the soft bricked Samsung Galaxy S III, US variants.
Got stuck while rooting, trying out new Custom ROMs and more, here’s a quick guide to recover your Samsung Galaxy S III. Thanks to XDA Developer mskip for coming out with this idea.
Prerequisites To Fix The Soft Bricked Samsung Galaxy S3
- Back up all your important stuff. Contacts, Messages, content stored in external memory cards and all what you think is essential to you.
- Charge the device at least up to 70%.
- Disable Anti-virus on your PC for the process to go smooth.
Files Required To Fix The Soft Bricked Samsung Galaxy S3
- Download Odin from here.
- Download respective Samsung Galaxy S3 stock ROM images from these sources. AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 stock image, T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 stock image, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 stock image. Please don’t mess anything here, else you may end up with nothing. These are .tar files.
Steps To Fix Soft Bricked Samsung Galaxy S3 Using Odin
- Extract Odin3 on your computer system, run it. Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time in Odin3.
- Turn off your smartphone, and reboot into download mode. Hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME DOWN’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the ‘VOLUME UP’ button to enter into Download Mode.
- While the phone is in the Download Mode, connect your device to your computer system via USB Cable. Odin3 will detect your phone.
- Now in Odin3, click PDA button, and feed the right .tar file you’ve downloaded in previous steps.
- Press Start button for the installation process to commence, once done, your device will reboot automatically.
- Voila, it’s done! This will flash a stock boot image back to your device.
Facing any problem, please comment down or try out XDA Forums.
Top Google Searches for this Article:
- yhs-fullyhosted_003,fix soft bricked galaxy s3,how to stopsamsung galaxy s3 odin download,how to get out of odin mode galaxy s3,How to flash a rom on a hard bricked Galaxy s3,how to fix odin mode samsung s3,galaxy s3 roms via odin,fix bricked s3,Bricked S3 Fix,fix bricked sprint galaxy s3